For the first time in my life a Sony E3 event is my priority

by Avateur @, Friday, May 24, 2013, 19:46 (3981 days ago) @ petetheduck

I like what they're doing with the XBO. Snap is a feature I've wanted, and nothing Microsoft is doing to hinder used game sales will affect me.

Now see, that's totally and perfectly fine. Microsoft has found a consumer in you and many others like you who absolutely love and will use what they're offering. That Snap feature is completely worthless to me, my TV has TV and if I intend on watching TV, I'm turning off the Xbox and changing the channel, and my TV also happens to have sports on it. I have zero use or care for the Kinect, and I don't like the thought of being forced to have it connected or in use at nearly all times.

It goes beyond "always online" and "used games" (which don't affect me) and the inability to share games or play on different Xbox's without my profile (which does affect me). This new Xbox really just doesn't appeal to me all that much. I don't know if the PS4 does, either. I have a lot of decisions to make, but Sony has my eye right now, and entirely because of Bungie.

Up until now, Microsoft was an easy choice because of Halo. Yeah, 343 Industries made mistakes, but I still plan to get Halo 5. So I intend to stick with Microsoft, since Destiny is multi-platform and, well, Sony doesn't have any exclusives I'm interested in.

While Halo definitely made the 360 an easy choice, I have something like 50+ games on this thing that won't be playable after my last Xbox dies. Two failed 360s from Microsoft, all of which are not first generation versions. It's my original 360 that somehow is working perfectly until it decides to Red Ring. It's totally obnoxious. My old Sega still works perfectly.

Agreed on Sony not having any exclusives I really care about. I mean, there are a few on the PS3 that I'd love to play, but not enough to warrant my purchasing it. I'm fine with my 360 and Wii.

I've watched Sony conferences before, just out of curiosity, but yeah--this time I'm excited to see the Destiny bit.

And thank goodness June 10th isn't that far away!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread