Trials Stats. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:44 (3241 days ago) @ red robber

Big changes this week to stats:

1. Removal of Bungie's ranking i.e. Combat Rating,

NOOOOOO! I had the top combat rating! ;p

Seriously though, this is fantastic. Really appreciate all the time you've put in to this, and the frequent updates. Thanks!

It was a tricky decision to remove Combat Rating, but with the addition of two new ranking/indexes, it felt appropriate. Also, even having one less data entry per GT speeds up the process of updating.

I was just teasing about the combat rating :) I think your decision makes perfect sense given how ambiguous Bungie's combat rating is (we don't know exactly how they determine the rating).

Kudos on being in the top 5 of RRR! Even though your PI fell due to some new PS power players, you showed up by supporting your team. This is why I like the RRR. Not only do you have the ability massacre enemies, but you are thoughtful enough to keep your buddies in the fight as well.

Thanks!

Just a thought though... I think there might be something that the current stat breakdown doesn't capture. This came up briefly in conversation a couple week's ago, while looking specifically at Ottermack's stats. Based on the current rankings, his Support rating is quite a bit lower than I would have expected. It appears to be because he is revived more often than he revives his teammates (please correct me if I'm wrong). Cody pointed out a few weeks ago that the numbers here can be misleading, and I agree. As someone who plays with Ottermack on a regular basis, I think he is extremely good at positioning himself such that if he does go down, he is within revive-range of his teammates. In other words, he doesn't run off and die in a spot where we can't get to him and bring him back. That is something that I personally am not always so good at. So because I am more likely to die in impossible-to-reach places, Ottermack can't revive me as often as I revive him, which in turn harms his support rating.

I have no idea if this is possible to capture using statistics... what do you think?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread