Not zombies... *spoilers* (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 12, 2015, 04:48 (3130 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I snagged the uncharted collection today, and decided to play through. I started the first one a while ago on PS3, but was kind of off put by the low resolution and bad frame rate.

The PS4 collection fixes all that and it's a blast in 60fps.

But Zombies. WHY?! The game is set up to be realistic, but then out of nowhere you get zombies. Why is it always Zombies with video games? Halo had the flood, Destiny have thrall, etc. Why can't I just murder humans the whole time? Someone please tell me that the new tomb raider games don't have zombies. I'll never play them so spoilers are fine. I just want to know that someone can make a game without them!

If you pay attention, you see that the Descendants aren't zombies, they are inbred descendants of a group of people infected/mutated by a virus about four hundred years before the events of the game. Sentient, living creatures. Of course there is a bit of a supernatural element to the games, but calling them "zombies" is a bit much.

Also, the new Tomb Raider had an undead legion of soldiers that served an undead body-jumping queen... But they weren't quite "zombies" either. Tomb Raider has always embraced the supernatural, though, so it's not unusual or out of place. Also, I had a blast with Tomb Raider's gameplay, which I couldn't really say for Uncharted when I played some of it long ago.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread