Destiny for PS4 controls

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 17:09 (3971 days ago) @ Schooly D

Aim down sights

Dislike. Can someone tell me why Bungie is following the ADS trend? It slows down combat and simplifies aiming. That sounds like I answered my own question, but I'd like to know why they think these are desirable goals.

I see no issue with it. Aiming down the length of the weapon gives a player the perception that they'll need to take their time in achieving a kill. Alternatively, one who's running around with their weapon at the hip is making sure that these accurate players are constantly kept on their toes.

The "Public Event" in the E3 demo seemed fast paced. Infantry bottled up in that entrance to the wall's interior probably means that not a whole lot of accurate fire was happening. There should be a lot of suppression/unaimed fire in intense close quarters melees. Fighting at range slows down the battle and makes it a calculated engagement. Closing the distance shows the benefit of both.

Iron sights, at the very least, on everything is much more desirable than only marksmen weapons having any effect at medium-to-long ranges.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread