The DBO Challenge - Week 6: TV Shows in Paint

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 21:10 (4007 days ago)

[image]

Bip. Bap. Bam.

I must say, I'd hate to be on the wrong end of a DBO firing range. Here is a quick list of the creative tools of destruction that popped up in last week's thread:

The Electromagnetically Enhanced Blowgun (Cold)
The Hard Times Rifle (Ragashingo)
The Smell of Napalm (Xenos)
Et in Arcadia Ego (Malagate)
XR5B Breach Assault Unit - "M.O.A.G." (ManKitten)
ISYH-1423 - "Ish" (INSANEdrive)
The S-PUG (Dean Hofmeyer (unhh))
Southern Twang (bluerunner)
Revolver (Fab Four Stephen Laughlin)
Horn of Morpheus (Kermit)
Close to Know Return (MrPadraig08)
AU-12 Self-returning Ordnance Delivery System (Chewbaccawakka)
RPPG Launcher (ZackDark)
Blades of The Traveler (Ragashingo)
Repulsion Grenades (Mr Daax)

I think Ragashingo deserves a special shoutout for filling the thread with tale after tale of ordnance-heavy adventures. Don't miss out on these - read through the thread if you haven't already. Thanks, Ragashingo!

-------
I've updated the DBO Challenge Leaderboard with the latest point totals. As always, please glance over your numbers to make sure I didn't miss anything.

-------
[image]

Week 6 Challenge: Favorite TV shows in Paint.

Deadline: 6:00pm EDT on Tuesday, May 14th.

The Week 5 challenge brought forth a handful of creative weapon designers (and quite a few storytellers!) from within our ranks; this week, let's get to know our fellow DBO members even more with a slight variation of Week 2's challenge. Here are your instructions for Week 6:

1. Use MS Paint to draw a scene from one of your favorite TV shows. (If you don't have access to MS Paint, you can use any equivalent, simple art program.)
2. Post your masterpiece as a reply to this post. (Optional: Don't include the name of the show - let people guess!)
3. Pick someone else's entry and post a reply to it with an MS Paint drawing of a different scene from the same TV show. (Or better yet - a spin-off, if one exists!)

Available Points:
+1 participation point for posting one of your favorite television shows as an MS Paint drawing.
+1 bonus point for posting a drawing in response to somone else's entry.

You can each earn up to 2 points total this week. (Feel free to post as many drawings as you want, however.)

Remember, you don't have to be a talented artist to enter. I fully expect to see crudely drawn lines and cheesy stick figures - it's MS Paint, after all!

ATTENTION LURKERS: Don't be afraid to jump in! ANYONE can earn points and increase their chance of winning a free copy of Destiny. Check out the Week 1 thread for more details.

This week's entries must be posted (in this thread) by 6:00pm EDT on Tuesday, May 14th. I will then update the leaderboard and post a recap with the Week Se7en challenge. Have fun!

You missed a point

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 21:37 (4007 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Ragashingo clearly deserves an extra point there.

:P

MS Paint glory will be posted later, maybe tomorrow.

You missed a point

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 21:45 (4007 days ago) @ ZackDark

Ragashingo clearly deserves an extra point there.

I heartily agree with this sentiment

You missed a point

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 22:07 (4007 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Wow, thanks you two, but I must (preemptively? :p) decline. When I go on a writing spree like that, or like my Week 1 flood of Haiku, it's because I'm enjoying exploring the Destiny universe and am thrilled to be able to contribute something to the community other than arguing with Cody from time to time. That you liked my stories enough to make the suggestion makes me feel honored indeed, but I don't think I should get to break the rules just because I'm awesome (or whatever).

P.S. Thanks also to Claude Errera for his kind words back in the Week 5 thread, and to ncsuDuncan for the shoutout here. Now, on to figuring out which beloved TV show I want to murder with my less that satisfactory drawing skills! :)

Leaderboard

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 21:44 (4007 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Man, I feel like a jerk saying this, but I feel I earned 2 points this past week. One for the my awesome grenade submission! And the other for responding to Ragashingo's equally awesome Blades of the Traveller submission.

Also, I look forward to some awesome submissions this week!

Leaderboard

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 21:51 (4007 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Man, I feel like a jerk saying this, but I feel I earned 2 points this past week. One for the my awesome grenade submission! And the other for responding to Ragashingo's equally awesome Blades of the Traveller submission.

Also, I look forward to some awesome submissions this week!

Whoops! Fixed.

I swear, I even did a Ctrl+F for "Mr Daax" to make sure I hadn't missed anything, but still managed to overlook your response post. :P Sorry! It certainly qualified.

Apply Yourself

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 22:03 (4007 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

My favorite small running gag...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, May 09, 2013, 11:28 (4007 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

Best short lived show ever.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 22:34 (4007 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 22:51 (4007 days ago) @ Xenos

Haha, this is excellent. I'm pretty sure yours won't be the only submission of this show. Just wait 'til I get my hands in some virtual paint ;)

我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 22:56 (4007 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

神聖的睾丸!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 23:04 (4007 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I'm thinkin' we'll rise again.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 10, 2013, 21:39 (4005 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

Every man there go back inside...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 10, 2013, 22:36 (4005 days ago) @ Ragashingo

...or we will blow a new crater in this little moon.

Best short lived show ever.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, May 12, 2013, 09:25 (4004 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 23:25 (4007 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

Let's Talk About Airplane Bathrooms

by zumphry ⌂ @, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 23:32 (4007 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan
edited by zumphry, Wednesday, May 08, 2013, 23:36

[image]

copyright jokes will never NOT be funny to me

May 26th!!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, May 09, 2013, 11:13 (4007 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

I've almost no judgment at all.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, May 09, 2013, 11:49 (4007 days ago) @ ManKitten

[image]

Can't wait!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 09, 2013, 16:57 (4006 days ago) @ ManKitten

[image]

Can't express how much I love this show.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, May 09, 2013, 15:44 (4006 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

I pray its upcoming prequel is at least as intelligent - at the very least. (@_@;)
Ill do my best to hush up now, lest I bubble over. ヽ(^。^)ノ

. . .

Oh man I love this show. (*^_^*)

Really? No One? Like...At all?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, May 13, 2013, 12:01 (4003 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

A farce should be funny, but this one hasn't make me laugh even once.

[image]

Also - I haven't responded to any of the other posted shows sience I am not a fan of any of them. Side effect of my enjoyment of Documentaries I suppose.

Really? No One? Like...At all?

by Cold, Monday, May 13, 2013, 13:13 (4003 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I have no idea what show this is. Then again, I have no idea what half of the shows that have been posted are.

Is that a logo? Maybe a "C". The sky, some water, a bridge... I'm lost.

The first image made me think of those ghost hunter shows lol.

There's a Tachikoma in there...somewhere

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, May 13, 2013, 14:32 (4002 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Magnificent, isn't she?

Ghost in The Shell?

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, May 13, 2013, 14:34 (4002 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

No idea what that first picture was, but I remember that logo.

I watched the first season of Stand Alone Complex but I just couldn't reconcile the clean, digital, polished art style with the hand drawn 90s-era grittiness of the original film. The original was downright stunning.

2nd GIG/S.A.C

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 11:44 (4002 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

(In order of posts)

I have no idea what show this is. Then again, I have no idea what half of the shows that have been posted are.

Is that a logo? Maybe a "C". The sky, some water, a bridge... I'm lost.

The first image made me think of those ghost hunter shows lol.

Made it like that on purpose. It would had of been too obvious other wise.

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

[image]

Magnificent, isn't she?

A Thing of beauty Grizzlei. Its almost as if you downloaded enlightenment, and found a 2 in the string.

No idea what that first picture was, but I remember that logo.

I watched the first season of Stand Alone Complex but I just couldn't reconcile the >clean, digital, polished art style with the hand drawn 90s-era grittiness of the original film. The original was downright stunning.

The first picture is from the intro of Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG - Of Motoko Kusanagi & an other major character.

The 2nd Picture is the Logo of the Laughing Man - badly done.

Ghost in the Shell seems (since I am only an observer to such) to go much like American Comic Books in the sense that there are multiple worlds that have their own continuity to them.

Each format (more or less) is of its own self - at least that has been the pattern.

The TV Show (and not the POS Rush Job of the TV show as a Movie), while lacking the gritty brilliance & (deep?) philosophy of the 1995 movie brings instead a political and social intelligence to the story that has multiple threads to bring about a conclusion (though it can be pretentious every now and again). The Episodes that have a just a story continued in them are fun to watch too. Its not for people who just want explosions and tits, which is yet anther reason why I like it - it avoids the cliché trope of Anime.

._. Here's hoping it stays that way in the -*gulp*- prequel they are making. (I can forgive the visual style.)

2nd GIG/S.A.C

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 20:34 (4001 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Ghost in the Shell is friggin' dope. That is my contribution to the thread.

by Dean Hofmeyer (unhh) @, Warsaw, IN, Thursday, May 09, 2013, 17:06 (4006 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

Love this show!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 09, 2013, 17:18 (4006 days ago) @ Dean Hofmeyer (unhh)

[image]

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, May 09, 2013, 17:28 (4006 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 09, 2013, 20:30 (4006 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 09, 2013, 20:22 (4006 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

I'm quite surprised this haven't shown up yet, to be honest.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 09, 2013, 20:23 (4006 days ago) @ ZackDark

The show or the ship? I did a drawing from the show, look up a little bit.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 09, 2013, 20:31 (4006 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah, I didn't get that...

:(

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 09, 2013, 20:32 (4006 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yeah, I didn't get that...

:(

Haha, that's okay, my art skills with Paint are terrible.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 09, 2013, 20:36 (4006 days ago) @ Xenos

Not at all!

I got what the drawing was, just didn't get what show it was portraying. Cody's response should've tipped me off, had I googled it...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 10, 2013, 01:46 (4006 days ago) @ ZackDark

Not at all!

I got what the drawing was, just didn't get what show it was portraying. Cody's response should've tipped me off, had I googled it...

Mr. Daax's would have, too!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 10, 2013, 05:53 (4006 days ago) @ Kermit

Well, is it just in Serenity or is it in Firefly too? Because I still haven't managed to watch Serenity is its entirety... (Have never seen that scene, for example :P)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, May 10, 2013, 08:34 (4006 days ago) @ ZackDark

Really? It's Firefly, one of the very first scenes. Wash is on the bridge while Zoe, Mal, and Jayne are doing a space walk to retrieve salvaged cargo from an Alliance derelict.

Oh for crying out loud, I missed a week

by Jillybean, Friday, May 10, 2013, 09:00 (4006 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

Enemy suppression fire, all batteries, execute.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 10, 2013, 09:07 (4006 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

FRAK!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:42 (4002 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[image]

Toaster on my six!

That Mk.II is sexy

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:43 (4002 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, May 12, 2013, 09:13 (4004 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

We have to go back.

by Cold, Monday, May 13, 2013, 08:52 (4003 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

We have to go back.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, May 13, 2013, 18:39 (4002 days ago) @ Cold

[image]

Weeeoooooooooweeeeeooooooooo...

Lol, awesome :)

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:06 (4002 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Some TV I enjoy.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, May 13, 2013, 16:54 (4002 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

Couldn't decide, so I thought: "Why not include ALL of them?!"

37 hours later and here we are.

It's my timey-wimey device

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:28 (4002 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

[image]

I am definitely getting better at MS paint.

Also, PHINEAS and FERB is the bomb!

This deserves a comment.

by Cold, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:34 (4002 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Some TV I enjoy.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 11:50 (4002 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I don't have 37 hours to scratch up a reply. So ... **Ahem*

AkUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! I. AM! BATMAN! Who is missing an eyebrow, courtesy of Tea. Earl Gray. Hot.

Psssh, eyebrows are overrated. Heh.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 13:54 (4001 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Finally I look as pretty as I feel!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, May 13, 2013, 17:04 (4002 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

*Made on "Paper" for iPad.

You. . .

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 11:53 (4002 days ago) @ breitzen

CHEATER!!!!

NO SLINKY FOR YOU!

You. . .

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 12:31 (4002 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

CHEATER!!!!

I'm traveling for work and its all I have. :(

I made it with my finger if that helps...

You. . .

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 20:27 (4001 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Heh. I use Sketchbook Pro and a Wacom tablet and nobody notices. Not even me! I'm horrible at this drawing thing. :(

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, May 13, 2013, 18:35 (4002 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

Yuup

Sucks.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 11:58 (4002 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

*Raises Eyebrow* *Vulcan Salute* ...

So . . .That's Picard Right?

[image]

lol dat eyebrow

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 20:36 (4001 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, May 13, 2013, 19:06 (4002 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

One of my all time favorite animated series. Starts off pretty cheesy and childish, but it had an awesome story, perfect amount of humor, and some really good characters.

Also, spirals are a freaking pain in the butt to get right in MS Paint.

I believe Aang can save the world.

by Dean Hofmeyer (unhh) @, Warsaw, IN, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 10:32 (4002 days ago) @ Mr Daax

[image]

I. Am. Ready.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 12:18 (4002 days ago) @ Mr Daax

[image]

*Chills* (also Blogs...but I digress)

It was either that or Koizilla (Love this show).

Sorry for the .gif but its so pertinent to the image (more or less).

[image]

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 13:14 (4002 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I really wish I'd participated or at least read more of the thread last week, I'm going through it now and it's just golden. If I had I probably would've used a more fleshed-out version of this. Anyway, here's my entry.

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread