That's a really pessimistic way of looking at it . . . (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 00:59 (2999 days ago) @ cheapLEY

We don't really know in what capacity he'll be involved (although I think we have to assume it'll be heavily, given his status as lead on Halo 4 and Mass Effect: Andromeda). I guess one could say that he can't screw up Destiny in the same way he screwed up Halo (if you believe that; I don't), in that Destiny doesn't really seem to have many fans of its story the same way Halo did. Halo 4 was bound to be a disappointment to some people, given the fitting send-off Bungie gave the Master Chief in Halo 3. I understand why they brought him back, but even as someone who likes 343i's continuation of the Halo story, I feel like it probably would have been better to leave him drifting forever. There isn't that pressure with Destiny.

I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. Destiny has practically nothing going for it in terms of story right now beyond whatever the Queen and Eris are up to. Maybe it'll work out. Expectations may not be Halo-level, but there are definitely pretty big story expectations due to the large disappointment from the lack thereof in year one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread