Very true (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 23:09 (2998 days ago) @ General Vagueness

So you're saying because I made a spelling mistake my opinion doesn't count? You're still engaging with me, so I assume something about my argument is striking a chord.

The purpose it serves to me is mostly to let me give a snarky response to it (like "Why do you ask?" or "You wait until now to say this?" or "No, why?"). Maybe that was intended, maybe it wasn't, but I don't see anything wrong with it (in my obviously subjective view).

This is exactly the point I was making and the entire reason I brought up the example in the first place. The funniest part of that line is me, at home, in my chair, making a funny quip to mock the ghost (and the awful writing of said ghost). I expect better from entertainment that I pay for.

It would be interesting if the entire game script was laid out such that there were awkward silences during which the player was assumed to be filling in dialogue for the main character, but that's not a trope of the game at all, so it doesn't seem to have been the intent in this location. Add to it that the main character does occasionally speak (the "little light" line is the funniest thing from vanilla Destiny, imo), and I take that as further evidence that the writers did not intend for us to fill in the chatter that is so painfully missing. Plus, you know, it would be super hard to code dynamic responses to the player's audio that made any semblance of sense.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread