Advent Rising (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 14:08 (2999 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'd probably accept Orson Scott Card. I hated the Ender's Game series but what he wrote for Shadow Complex was pretty good.

I liked all of the Ender's Game stuff, and Shadow Complex, too. I also liked Advent Rising and am still patiently waiting for a sequel. ):

I really enjoyed the story & setup of Advent Rising, I liked the art direction, I thought the music was beautiful, I liked the fact that they tried to make your choices matter (execution on that was fair), the gameplay was just alright. Just imagine how that game would have been received if the gameplay had been near as good as it should have been (I'm imagining something a bit more like Destiny) and if they had the time they needed to polish the game. One of my old TFC clan mates actually worked on the game, I should look him up & pick his brain about what went down with the development of that game.

I would love to see the story continue. I had hoped that Card would have taken the story & continued it in print, but AFAIK that never happened. I fear that Advent Rising 2 is dead just like NOLF is dead. (To be honest NOLF being dead makes me much sadder).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread