I don't have much of an opinion on him. Suggest me a book? (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 08:24 (2999 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You know, it's weird. I'm not a Stephen King fan, but I've read more of him than a lot of authors I really like. I read Dreamcatcher, The Green Mile, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, From a Buick 8, Skeleton Crew, Night Shift, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, and Just After Sunset. I read these because over the years I've found them at the Salvation Army for like 20 cents and that's how I can buy books.

His novels I've read are completely forgettable, but some short stories stick with me, like The Jaunt, or whatever the one is where he's a doctor and slowly eats himself as he goes crazy and it ends with "they taste just like ladyfingers" or something.

Anyway, I've never read a Stephen King short story I wasn't pleased with, but I've never really enjoyed the novels I read from him, and never go out of my way for more of his books or stories. People always talk about this Maine crap he's into or some kind of shared universe, but I never noticed.

That said, I've got $12 in Amazon promotional credit for ebooks. Can you suggest me a novel that would appeal to a person who enjoys his short stories, but isn't a fan per se?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread