Different raid strategies for different platforms. (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, June 27, 2016, 16:27 (2852 days ago) @ Kermit

Having done this fight 4 different ways, I tend to agree that the way cruel is talking about is logistically easiest overall. The logistics, other than I guess holding the gaze, focus on the challenge mode mechanics.

Everyone has a role to play. If someone isn't able to DPS reliably, I don't see the harm in having them learn to hold the gaze in this way over 2-3 attempts. It's no easier or harder than any other job. But it does require someone to know how the mechanics of the fight work and be familiar with golgoroth's soft spot. Which is easy to teach. Assuming the DPS does it's job (heh) I'm pretty sure you can get it done in 2 gaze holds with this method (or more if your DPS is lower).

Personally I am disappointed that the seeming "intended" way the fight should run, which is having 2 gaze holders swap back and forth, 1 person on thrall duty + some DPS, and the other 3 doing DPS on the boss makes a ton of teamwork sense to me. Yet that's harder to do and requires "more", so nobody does it that way anymore.

There are a ton of ways to approach that fight. In the end everyone needs to be going in the same direction or it won't work regardless of what you're going for.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread