This IGN article comforted me somewhat (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 16:48 (2789 days ago) @ Xenos

So where was that line of thinking for the PS exclusives until 2017? Those are just words. I think it's highly probable it will go pay to win or at least into the realm of scumminess at some point.

He directly mentions exclusives in the article, it's an agreement made with the publishers. I'm pretty sure I know though what happened with the PS exclusives by the way. The agreement most likely said that the exclusives would be that way until Destiny 2, but then, as we know, Destiny 2 got pushed back until next year. So when they originally stated until at least Fall 2016, that was based on the original timeline, but the agreement with Sony didn't have a date, but an event listed.

I'm not expecting them to go true pay to win unless Activision strong arms them into it.

I'm not a fan of the PS exclusives. but i was just thinking the other day, after playing ReCore on my PC, that it would be awesome if MS could throw enough money at Activision to allow Destiny 2 to be an "Xbox Anywhere" title. Would make it so much easier for me to play while on business trips. Packing a laptop is easier than packing an xbox.

I'm not saying that i want Destiny 2 to be an Xbox exclusive, but would love for it to be cross-compatible with PC. PC players may have a crucible advantage though, so they may just have to split up the populations like they did with the 360/Xbone. would still be nice though to have on PC

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread