This IGN article comforted me somewhat (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 17:19 (2789 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I view #3 and #4 as the same thing which would mean your line was crossed months ago... unless I'm just horribly mistaken about whats going on. Even then, personally, I don't see it as a problem.

#3 was buying an item that contained an RNG chance for a booster... #4 is buying the booster directly. I'm not the one who used the term "slippery slope", but I do think it applies here :) You are literally saying "we already have something almost as bad, so what's the big deal?"

If anything... this is an improvement, yeeeessss? Now we'll be able to get what we want instead of having to pay out multiple times before the RNG plays nice.

If someone spends as much as they can they'll get what, an extra legendary once every several weeks? Even if you were constantly getting a 100% boost you'd only get like one extra drop a week compared to me.

If Reddit is accurate, then the boosters almost double your rep gains once you get a chain of strikes or PvP matches happening.

Right. I wasn't sure so I assumed a costant 100% boost.

Most of the people I play with have their Vaults stuffed with Legendaries, is one more really going to matter?

I never, ever, said it was a big deal or that it was going to make a big difference to our day-to-day playtime. I feel like you're arguing with a point of view that I am not promoting.

All I've said this whole time is that the game now exists in a state where people who spend money on micro transactions get more end-game loot than those who don't. The fact that it is only "a tiny bit more" or "not a huge difference" has nothing to do with the point I am making.

Sure. And my apologies for not specifically acknowledging that. But, as a counter point, by itself, "people will be able to earn more end game content by spending some money" is not a positive or negative. Yes, you say its not a big deal, but your focus is firmly fixed on the glass that is half empty. What about people just starting out who would like to get to certain exotic quests more quickly? Or people who simply don't have much time to play? For them, maybe this is actually a positive?

We absolutely need to be aware of what's going on, and I'm glad we have people like you keeping closer track than I am, but the narrative (certainly not just from you) feels to me like it always leans towards the negative. Especially since there is a group of people that firmly believe any micro transactions whatsoever are flat out evil.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread