Seconded ^^ (Gaming)

by Kahzgul, Sunday, February 19, 2017, 16:35 (2637 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Raga is spot on here. ME1 is an RPG where "optimal" play usually involves pausing the action, issuing commands to your party members, and then unpausing and seeing if that worked. Repeat repeat repeat. The guns all handle like poop, too. I did enjoy exploring the tons of worlds, but I gather lots of people found that tedious (and I get that).

The jump in gameplay from ME1 to 2 is so big as to make it almost a different game. Vast improvements on all fronts there, imo.

ME3 refines the action from ME2, and further streamlines player actions while adding complexity. You can combo certain types of abilities to make big explosions, or deal high damage to armor, etc.., which means party composition is important, but single player play is very straightforward and fun.

When I watch the andromeda video, I'm seeing that they've added a jump to your available verbs, and then modified the abilities to work while jumping, too. You can see them use Biotic Charge (or something that looks similar to it, since we don't actually know what they call the abilities in ME:A) a lot, which is that blue dash/charge into enemies. That's been a class ability in the past games and likely won't be something available to every player in this new one.

One note about ME3: The combat in the single player game kinda sucked compared to that of the PvP game in my opinion. The reason was that the single player game is pretty much long hallway after long hallway, and if you just slowly advance from cover to cover to easily dispatch every enemy. In multiplayer, you're in a large, squareish area, and the enemies can spawn pretty much anywhere around the area. The result is that everything is far more frenetic and you're constantly forced to flee your current cover and retreat or flank out to find new cover. I mention this because what I'm seeing in the videos of ME:A is that it seems to be more open world-ish, which also appears to make the combat more like the ME3 multiplayer than the single player experience. That's a WONDERFUL thing, imo, so I really hope that turns out to be the case.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread