Don't get me wrong. (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 13:10 (2620 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So, while ME3 didn't completely go back to ME1's level of an overwhelming multitude of options, it did greatly improve on ME2. And, in my opinion at least, it did a good job of making the options more important than ME1's near infinite rows of tiny % boosts and occasional skill unlocks.

Yep. Personally, I felt like ME2 streamlined things a bit TOO much in some areas, and 3 brought it back to where it should be.

Andromeda looks like it will probably do away with the concept of the core classes and let you mix and match powers a lot more. It might also let you build three or so presets you can swap between on the fly so you don't have to rebuild your entire upgrade tree when the situation changes. The powers themselves looks to me ME3 style where there are three or four this/that choices to make as you upgrade each power.

This all seems correct based on what I've seen, at least for the single player mode. I suspect the multiplayer will still have set character kits/classes, although that's just a theory at the moment - I don't think they've really said anything yet.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread