+1 (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, March 30, 2017, 19:06 (2555 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I love Cayde, I'm okay with hamming it up. But using loot to get a group of Guardians riled up about fighting back against the Cabal that just destroyed the city is just plain stupid. Zavala's stuff was great. Cayde's stuff started out fine until that last bit.

This just sets a tone I don't like. I get that it's talking to the player base that likes all the loot. Using that "in universe" sucks, but more importantly, that's not what I care about it. If this is the sort of "story" we can expect from Destiny 2, I might just skip the game entirely. That's fine--like I've said before, at a certain point it's my job to recognize a game just isn't for me, rather than Bungie's job to make a game that caters to me. But this is still incredibly disappointing and the complete opposite direction from what I'd want.

This is exactly how I feel. I enjoyed the trailer *until the bit about a ton of loot*. That's garbage. Loot != gameplay. I would have loved to have heard something about needing new tactics for new enemies or that there are new puzzles to solve. If bungie thinks we play the game only for the loot, they've completely missed the mark.

The loot is super RNG, and which particular item, and which particular roll on that particular item, makes a MASSIVE difference in your effectiveness as a guardian (to the point where early VoG LFG raids wouldn't take you if you didn't have a Gjallerhorn... remember that?). So we want the loot only because we want to be able to compete. The emphasis should not be on loot, but should, rather, be on ensuring fun and competitive gameplay regardless of RNG-based loot drops.

That little button about a ton of loot ruins this for me.

Also, friendly reminder: DO NOT PREORDER.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread