2 early 2 tell

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, August 22, 2013, 15:36 (3904 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Of course that doesn't mean you're wrong either. Who before Mass Effect 3's release thought that ME3 multiplayer sounded like an even remotely good idea? I was of the opinion that it was the worst idea possible for the series before release, yet I'm planning to play it after work today going on (past?) a year later! And in Bungie's case we know they can make good multiplayer!

Side note about ME3. My only experience with multiplayer was with the demo, and while the gameplay was surprisingly good, all things considered, the thing that completely turned me off of ever wanting to touch it was their method of customization. If I'm forced to play the game to collect space bux so that I can buy things to customize my character, I want to choose exactly what I'm buying. Not buy a pack and pray the random trash inside is what I want. That's bad enough when it comes to weapons, but it felt inexcusable when it came to characters/classes and visual customization options. The situation was only magnified when you started getting crap you couldn't even use, or didn't care about, and in multiples. So in the end, your only drive to play multiplayer was to keep buying packs of random crap in the small hope that eventually you'll be able to build the character you actually wanted to play in the first place.

I finally started playing ME3 two weeks ago. Maybe all this has changed in the year or more since launch. That'd be nice. But unfortunately, I don't care enough to find out. I am thankful, however, that Extended Cut lowered the EMS from 4000 to 3100. It means I never have to touch multiplayer to have every ending as an option.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread