*Sigh*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 08:42 (3901 days ago) @ kapowaz

It's funny, I thought nobody hated Cody's trollish, arrogant, myopic posting style more than me. Looks like I have competition. And as you note, it gets especially bad when he turns to name calling and yelling when people continue to disagree with him. Last time he did that to me I left these boards for a week and have only engaged him directly on anything one or two times over the last few months. I straight up wish he was gone, so I hope you'll understand that what I say next is in no way an attempt to defend him.

Your rebuttals of Cody's postings are getting just a bit out of control, in my opinion. I get it. The need to counter him at every turn. I did it for a while. For me, it was based on the idea that bad arguments and bad behavior shouldn't be accepted. But at some point countering him at every turn leads to bad posting on your own part. I started slipping into sarcasm instead of making a valid points and getting angry when he didn't change his ways. For you, it seems to be responding to what he probably means instead of what he actually says and the occasional flippant gif based response. The way I see it anytime you or I can't respond rationally and directly we lose and he wins. For my part I've chosen to mostly stop responding to him at all.

There's always going to be someone wrong on the internet. Around here it seems like that someone is going to be Cody. But you need to decide whether this board is about Cody Miller and how wrong he is, or if it's about Destiny. I'm not saying don't feed the troll exactly, I still think his bad arguments and behavior are unacceptable, but if you're going to do it at least do it well. Keep your counter arguments tight and don't fall back on childish responses when he refuses to see reason. Basically, you shouldn't drop down to his level when debating him.

Anyway, I don't mean to offend you, and I apologize if I did. I know I singled out a couple of your bad responses but there are plenty of good ones you've made too. Just be careful out there and remember that we're here for Destiny, not Cody. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread