But Derp

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, August 23, 2013, 10:50 (3903 days ago) @ kapowaz

Cody:

the ability to carry 3 weapons will be much more restricted than something like Vanquish or Gears of War … certainly more boring than the more traditional system

Me:

Hey look everyone! Cody's worried this game that is not like Vanquish or Gears of War at all will suck because it doesn't have a weapon system like Vanquish or Gears of War!

Cody:

Never made that argument.

[image]

It is exactly the argument you made. Why can't you acknowledge your own assertions? I think there is space for criticism or concern over how the weapons system will work, but comparison to completely different genre games isn't how you go about it.

I'm mostly interested in how things like ammo will work. Will we be constrained from overusing our special/heavy weapons, and if so how? Will we be able to chop and change in combat, picking up discarded weapons from our foes? How easily can we swap our weapons around with those we've stashed from previous forays?

Because God dammit that's not what I said. I said the system they put in place would be more restrictive than GoW or Vanquish. I never said it HAD TO HAVE THE SAME SYSTEM OR IT WOULDN'T BE GOOD. It could have a different but BETTER system. Point to the sentence where I said it will suck because it doesn't have the specific system GoW or Vanquish had?

Reading comprehension. Do you people have it?

Do I have to lay out what I said symbolically?

A
A>B
Therefore rather A than B
THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT CAN'T BE C, OR THAT IT MUST BE B!

Idiots.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread