No

by kapowaz, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 03:02 (3901 days ago) @ Avateur

What this forum doesn't need any more of: people defending Cody for his unwarranted and evidenceless negativity.

You might want to dismiss my half-serious retort as a lack of reading comprehension, but even if it's not a wholly accurate reflection of what Cody said, it is a completely accurate assessment of Cody's game design analysis posts on Destiny to date which can be summarised as: we don't know much about this game, and I in particular don't know much about the games that this game takes inspiration from, but I'm going to negatively criticise every game behaviour I can infer, even in a relatively detail-sparse pre-release environment.

It's boring, it doesn't contribute (positively) to the debate, and if I didn't know better I'd assume if was trolling.

As I've said many times, there's plenty of room for skepticism about how well Destiny will play, but it's mostly based on stuff we just don't know yet. I feel like any conclusions that aren't wrapped in layers of caveats right now simply paint you as an overreactionary. Then there's the ALL CAPS YOU ARE AN IDIOT DIDN'T YOU READ WHAT I SAID OMG YOUR READING COMPREHENSION SUCKS. I mean, if I wanted to deal with that crap I'd go hang out on bungie.net.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread