Tourists, Collectors, and Hobbyists (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Friday, December 01, 2017, 18:28 (2346 days ago) @ Kahzgul

He specifically says that on one hand that the easy ascent is really positive, because it can suit life. He follows that by saying "you could make a case" and relating the rest of the comment about how Power is specifically a player facing advancement so perhaps it should have been slower.

As it relates to your supposition of 3 game phases elsewhere in this topic, you are identifying the power cap as being when the end game starts, which is inherently false. The end game starts at End Game activities. Which is 230 Power for the Nightfall. The Raid is 260-280. Offhand I don't remember if Trials has a Power Requirement or not. If you hit 305 I would consider that you have had a 75 power increase during the end game. Now, is your time spent during the end game to power up further too fast or easy?

That is a totally different question, I think, than what you pose. And in that context with what Luke says, I think it is "has that power gain been devalued to players because it goes so fast/easy" and just a consideration of power increase in vacuum.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread