A quick thought (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, December 02, 2017, 16:36 (2344 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don’t have any thoughts current about the level climb as such, but I can definitely see a version of Destiny that is much more weighted towards post-campaign play, and not just in terms of having to grind. I keep going back to how The Taken King introduced the strikes and new missions and such after the “campaign” ended. I really think that’s what I missed a bit from Destiny 2. I suppose the Adventures and Lost Sectors can fill that role, but it really feels to me like Bungie envisioned most players doing those as they went along through the campaign. I expected more stuff besides the weapon quests to open up after the campaign.

In a way, that could potentially make the power climb longer, but I wouldn’t mind that at all if it was because new missions and strikes and adventures kept opening up. They could potentially open up the raid at a lower power level and integrate it into the story, with the Prestige raid or challenge mode or whatever taking the ultimate end game position.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread