A quick thought (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Sunday, December 03, 2017, 19:32 (2343 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I mean, sure. I also think you're taking what I'm saying in the worst possible light :P

Honestly, I just latched on to Luke saying "we're talking around the office" about what if the leveling took longer. Obviously he's not going to do that because the genie is already out of the bottle. But he could do that for future xpacs, and it concerns me because it seems like he's misdiagnosing what's wrong with the game.

The rest of my post is just to explain why I think this is a misdiagnosis. I also really tried to be fair to people who like the midgame, though it is probably pretty clear from my restaurant metaphor that I fall squarely on the side of "the endgame is what should be improved."

Anyway, I don't actually think Luke is going to reset us all to power 10, make the leveling take 50 years, and tell us the game is better for it. I just think he's entertaining an idea that's out of touch with the reality that the endgame is not compelling, and that's why people stop playing once they get there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread