Inventory management (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 14:45 (3542 days ago) @ kapowaz

I don't know... radial menus always seem overly finikey... especially if you're trying to interact with analog sticks...

‘Finicky’ sounds like a perfect description of moving a cursor with an analog stick. The advantage of the radial menu is it can make use of Fitt's Law — you can keep pushing in a direction and you won't ‘overshoot’ the target, because the only thing that matters is the direction you're pointing. A cursor needs to hit a target area and then stop, which makes it substantially more finicky (or to use a technical term: difficult!).

Eh. Depends on the radial menu. Sure you can't overshoot on an outward inward axis, but selecting upper middle left vs upper upper middle left vs upper upper upper middle left has certainly been a problem with some radial menus in the past. There was some game I once played that made me use a radial menu as a keyboard! That was not fun. At all. In fact it was completely terrible.

Destiny's pointer was speed limited and much easier to control than some radial menus I've used.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread