Number of times I fought with the interface *EDIT* (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Sunday, August 24, 2014, 19:20 (3538 days ago) @ ZackDark

I don't think anyone was complaining about the regular system, which shows up in console games all over the place, including the Halo games.

Since Steam Big Picture's implementation, I cannot complain enough about the current implementation of on-screen keyboards for the consoles. But I concede my opinion might be a bit rare.

EDIT: Here's a pic that displays the system I'm talking about.

[image]

I can't argue with you, on screen keyboards suck. But I look at that image and... Yeah... No thanks. I makes me think of T9, and then I throw up in my mouth. The Xbox QWERTY keyboard isn't exactly stellar, but it doesn't have me twiddling a thumbstick and then playing QTEs with my controller to type.

Full disclosure, I also don't "get" the swipe/gesture based keyboards everyone seems to rave about on Android (and I think one is on iOS now?). Those feel like an awful abomination. Perhaps, in both cases, it's just simply that there's a learning curve. If that's it, I counter that I already know how to type, I don't want or need to learn a new method. I'm old school I guess. I like QWERTY, I don't need gestures, I don't like auto correct, and I don't like auto complete. Hunting and pecking on a console sucks, but at least it feels familiar.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread