If everyone can one-shot, balance has been achieved (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Sunday, December 14, 2014, 09:36 (3431 days ago) @ Morpheus

It sounds like you're complaining that you think the game is not balanced, and yet your complaint is that every weapon can one-shot. Regardless of the truth of that statement (since it's not true), in a game where every weapon is a one-shot-kill, you're playing a balanced game. Balanced does not mean you can kill lots of people who can't kill you, it means everyone is on an even playing field. You kill one person, you die, repeat.

Now, Destiny PvP is only marginally balanced. Some guns are better than others, so that when players of equal skill meet, the one with the better gun will win. Those edges, however, are pretty small. I have a Shadow Price that reloads nearly instantly after a precision kill, and does bonus damage when reloaded after any kill, and has a 42 round magazine. Which means I chew through whole groups of people. But I very rarely get even a 2.0 K/D ratio despite almost always being the top player on my team.

My suggestion to you is to change how you play if you don't want to die as often. Strategize. Follow another player and use him as your bullet sponge. Corner-camp (I'll hate you for it, but it works sometimes). Use your heavy weapons with gusto!

Exactly which exotic bounty are you working on? Because you'll want to play differently depending on the goals.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread