In The Meantime... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, December 14, 2014, 10:00 (3431 days ago) @ Morpheus

Upgrading the damage level of your weapon has zero effect in Crucible with the exception of the Iron Banner.

That's just impossible! All the upgrades for a gun are featured in the multiplayer. The same thing goes for armor, too! I have a Hunter alternate, and the combination of my armor and my subclass allows my Blink Strike to literally charge in less than a second. Of course, it doesn't do ANY damage in Crucible, but that might be why. My point being, weapon upgrades(the three shells in rocket launchers, the grenade/melee cooldown effects, the extra shot in the Pocket Infinity) are all there, PvP or not. There's no way that the Crucible is just skipping those power upgrades.

Part of being good is understanding how the game works. The attack number does not matter in standard Crucible.

"Oh, we're gonna give them Firefly on this, let them have explosive rounds on that and just nix any attack upgrades." How much sense does that make?

It keeps Crucible matches Fair & Balanced™. It allows someone just starting out to be competitive with those who have been playing for three months. Also, notably, some of the perks like Thorn's poison damage are drastically toned down for Crucible.

You are not forced to play Destiny. (Are you?!)

You're absolutely right, I'm not. However, I find the single player, or PvE I guess--extremely enjoyable. Honestly some of the most fun I've ever had gaming. However, getting popular weapons--the aforementioned one-hit-kill weapons--require you to earn hundreds(thousands if you plan on getting more than one) of Crucible marks, obviously only obtainable through Crucible. Two per Word-filled-game is insufferable. No, I'm not forced to play Destiny. I do it by choice. But through that, I am forced to step into Crucible in order to have a slight chance of (not) getting something I want, or even need. Are you forced to buy the DLC? No. But you can't do the Daily or Weekly anymore, can you?

Today's daily is "A Rising Tide" the Mars mission where you go down to the subway. Everyone can do that. The weekly and nightfall will be doable by everyone on Tuesday. You can buy a variety of good weapons without touching the Crucible. Some of the best weapons in the game, like The Devil You Know, were Vanguard weapons.

I am good. Nearly every team game I play, I get either "The Best Around" or "On The Bright Side", much like I did in Halo. I don't get everything I want like all the [REDACTED], but I still fight and end up high on the pyramid. But I've said it before: If you want to "git gud" at multiplayer, you have to "git gud" weapons, and to "git gud" weapons, you have to "git gud" at multiplayer. It's circular logic.

You have 18 "The Best... Around" medals and 5 "On The Bright Side..." medals yet have played 189 team games. That means you led your team roughly 12% of the time. That counts as "nearly every team game"? You've got a 1.01 K/D and a .97 K/D in the Crucible. That counts as good? Do you perhaps have a problem with being in error where the truth is concerned? Given your other blatantly false claims I'm not so sure you really understand how to play in the Crucible at all!

Regardless, I might just throw these exotic bounties away. Nothing good about Exotic weapons, am I right?

Exotics are awesome, but you haven't been right yet. Why start now?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread