I Propose A Challenge, Then. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 15, 2014, 10:20 (3430 days ago) @ Morpheus

Even if I'm wrong about damage, I'm still dead on about the upgrades--they produce an unfair advantage in almost every case.

This is actually true. Having guns with good perks really does help. I've seen Korny wreck using armor piercing for example, which lets you shoot through walls. That upgrade is really uncommon. You couldn't buy it on any guns (I think you can now with Dark Below). It only came on corrective measure, or if you got a random perk.

However, I feel as if it's really not that hard to get all these guns. You could have bought all these exotics from Xur, and the legendary guns you can get from quartermasters with decent perks. You can work with what you have and still do great. What good is Truth if your team never lets the guy using it get any heavy ammo?

In a way, it would be cool if for Destiny 2 Bungie had variations of the crucible. One version would be like Iron Banner is now, where level advantages matter and you can bring in your guns. The other version would have level advantages disabled, but have a limited selection of weapons and armor available to everyone. You would choose and save a loadout while the map is loading, and cannot take anything you have in with you. That's the most 'fair' it can possibly get given the nature of the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread