I Propose A Challenge, Then. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, December 14, 2014, 20:03 (3430 days ago) @ Ragashingo

You have 18 "The Best... Around" medals and 5 "On The Bright Side..." medals yet have played 189 team games. That means you led your team roughly 12% of the time. That counts as "nearly every team game"? You've got a 1.01 K/D and a .97 K/D in the Crucible. That counts as good? Do you perhaps have a problem with being in error where the truth is concerned?

Ok, I made a mistake. I'm pretty sure it was 32 BA's, but either way, I'm still way off. I'm sorry. My brain had just been regressing all those other terrible one-sided games like bad touches. I think I have delusions of grandeur.

Given your other blatantly false claims I'm not so sure you really understand how to play in the Crucible at all!

You're damn right, I don't! For the past what, 18 years the shooters I've played, the only bonus or perk of a gun was being able to reload so you can keep using it! Now nine copies of the same weapon have 20 attributes! Why can't I just shoot somebody until they die like the old days?

Some of the best weapons in the game, like The Devil You Know, were Vanguard weapons.

I started playing Destiny in October. I can count on two hands all the times I've ever been killed by The Devil You Know.

It keeps Crucible matches Fair & Balanced™. It allows someone just starting out to be competitive with those who have been playing for three months. Also, notably, some of the perks like Thorn's poison damage are drastically toned down for Crucible.

Exactly. Thorn's poison damage. There's a reason people choose a gun that penetrates armor and deals damage quickly with each shot. There's a reason people choose a sniper that can eliminate an opponent, headshot or no. There's a reason people choose a gun that can fire five fusion rifle blasts in half a second. There's a reason people choose a shotgun that can deal damage from up to 12 feet away, and reloads quickly. There's a reason people choose a rocket launcher that can track an enemy, explode early in proximity, then burst into a bunch of smaller rockets that also track an enemy just in case he survived all of that. Even if I'm wrong about damage, I'm still dead on about the upgrades--they produce an unfair advantage in almost every case.

It keeps Crucible matches Fair & Balanced™. It allows someone just starting out to be competitive with those who have been playing for three months.

Here's what we're going to do. We'll find someone with a K/D Ratio of at least 2.5, and either a capture card or some way of recording an extended amount of content. We'll have that person start a brand new character, class of their choice. They complete the first Guardian Rises mission, then the second they can hit orbit, they go straight to Crucible; either playing through or skipping Control and Clash. I want to see them win their first Rumble match with just the two weapons they pick up in the first (two?) story mission(s). No exotics, legendaries, not even heavy weapons or Supers.

POST EDIT: In fact, they don't even have to win the game. A 1.7 K/D or higher OR a Merciless will satisfy me.

That happens, I'll swear to God and the Arbiter that I'll never ever complain about The Crucible again--on the forums, online, even in real life. And, I'll publicly apologize to each person here.

I may be a pariah, but I stand by my beliefs. And until I see some concrete reality, I'm not changing--no matter what my K/D is.

Are you high?

Are you working for Bungie?

Also, regarding being 'forced' into an Exotic bounty - I gave up on Thorn pretty quickly. It's requirements didn't fit my playstyle so I decided the gun wasn't for me and dropped it. I'd suggest the same if you're frustrated by whichever you're on.

I swear, this will probably be the last. If I make a Titan, I'll just make him share with my others. Unless there's gonna be an Exotic bounty involving kicking Luke's face into a steak.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread