Its what I have been wanting (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 10:17 (3271 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I agree with most of your statements. I too enjoy horde mode (when rewards are involved). I However enjoy the fact that there is almost no where to hide. I grew bored of the mechanics of the raids. I have said it many times as you have definitely heard, I just got tired of going through numbers. There is little to no VARIATION in the Raids. It makes you feel like a robot, to the point where I am playing but not really thinking.

I think a big part of why Raids click with me so much is that they click with the same part of my brain that loved learning and running plays back when I was on my highschool basketball team. The variation in the raids comes from what your team is able to do: can you find a better formation, can you execute better, faster, more efficiently.

Prison of Elders changed that. Its chaos, its random, its challenging.

It is indeed all of those things :)

For me, it's "random" but in a way that makes it feel exactly the same each time. You can never really prepare for what's coming beyond finding your safe corner to start in. There's very little learning curve. I felt like I was just going through the motions by my 3rd run, compared to the 50+ times I've run each raid, and I'm still coming up with new tricks every single time :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread