Sweet jesus that Arc-Hive-Mine portion. Murderous (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, May 22, 2015, 15:17 (3270 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The most frustrating part was when we would get to disabling the last mine on wave 3 and then get one shot killed. I can't count the times where I would be killed with one shot from a boomer or have a thrall one hit me. I swear we were dealing with some strange lag at parts.

When Vortech, Cyber and I ran that section, we split up. From the entrance, Vortech went far left, Cyber and I went far right. There is very little cover on the right, but you have decent line of sight on 2 of the Hive spawn doors. So Cyber and I would nail the thrall as they ran out of their doorways, and Thunderlord the boomers and wizard as they entered.

If the mines on the right or left side spawned, we were already in position to deal with them. When the one in the middle spawned, I rotated left from my position (back towards the main entrance) until I was directly under the center mine. I then jumped up on to the platform, hugging the large pillar for cover. None of the adds in the room even spotted me, so I was able to defuse it relatively safely.

We were doing something similar. I would go far right and take out the thralls as they entered. I'd shoot a gjallahorn round followed by an arc sniper at the wizards and either snipe or use fatebringer on the knights. For the most part I was able to protect myself. I'll probably give it a go this weekend again. Putting two on the right side could be a good method to try out.

What was your group make up? We had two hunters and one titan.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread