Prison of Elders Impressions (Destiny)

by Monochron, Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:36 (3271 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Your team should have the ability to find a spot on the map and say "this is our base, let's lock it down". In a well designed map, these defendable zones are never bulletproof, but they offer a geometry layout that gives the player the ability to take cover, move around, react to flanking maneuvers, etc.

The arenas in PoE offer almost none of this. It's just messy chaos, all the time. There are very few positions that are in any way defendable, and the ones that are quickly devolve into the worst form of Halo/Halo 2 camping routines (you know, those battles where you spend the entire time crouching behind a box, moving an inch to take a shot, almost dying, move an inch back, repeat).

As far as I can tell, Bungie did not design PoE to be played that way. Because if you hold down a certain position without venturing far enough away from it, you get teleported. As far as I can tell it requires and entirely different play style as other horde modes. The only viable strategy I have seen so far is "lock down that bubble and be careful when you teleport", but I bet there are others.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread