On Authenticity (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 29, 2015, 01:33 (3196 days ago) @ Fuertisimo
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, June 29, 2015, 01:40

So in your estimation Destiny is just so awesome that you can't give it up despite being surrounded by so much toxicity and inauthenticity? I mean I'm discounting that you're actually in crisis about continuing to play, I know you're going to keep playing.

It's just interesting to note that you're willing to come out so hard and so often against a game that you even believe to be inauthentic in its relationship to players, yet are evidently powerless to take a stand against it.

Could it be that you've fallen prey to the very thing that you struggle against and decry? Those level up bars can be mighty satisfying after all.

No it's mostly that now I don't have to worry as much about that anymore. I don't have to grind strikes. I don't have to grind marks or rep. I have everything I need except for Hawkmoon. Now I play pretty much purely for fun. But who knows how the taken king progression will work. Will all our gear need replacing? Will there be more shit to grind? Who knows. Bungie isn't saying. I am 100% on the fence until I am sure stupid game design decisions are at a minimum in TTK. Life is getting too cool to waste time.

I want to play the raid with minimal bullshit. I want to play the new pvp modes with minimal bullshit. Play with the new subclasses with minimal bullshit. Can that happen? If so they have my money.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread