+1 (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 03:02 (3233 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Avateur, Thursday, July 02, 2015, 03:05

I just want to say that your posts, and the reactions from others, have been fantastic. I'm glad someone out there gets it. No, correction. I'm glad you've actually worked on it! And thank god you're willing to post about it. It's nice seeing stuff like this when counter arguments are "it's all in your heads" and such.

As for the netcode issue, I wonder if it's because they stayed with last-gen, and I wonder if that somehow limited them to a standard P2P style of play. I wonder if there will ever be a plan to introduce dedicated servers into Destiny or one of its sequels. Sure, there may still be some networking problems, but it would definitely help out in a number of ways.

Speaking of netcode, I would have to say that the most frustrating and even enraging thing about Halo 3 was its netcode. The ridiculous latency and host issues that could decide games in high-ranked competitive play just got to be too much sometimes. In Master Chief Collection, assuming the game starts with dedicated servers, Halo 3 is absolutely fantastic to play. I'm holding out hope that maybe one day something similar will happen to Destiny, and that maybe there will be a similar, largely beneficial effect.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread