Well, that's, like, your opinion, man (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Friday, July 03, 2015, 18:58 (3230 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yeah, it seems Destiny, unlike most FPSs, did not focus at all in the "competitive fairness" side of PvP netcode and just went with "smooth and casual". I, for one, appreciate the change of pace. While I usually had a blast with Halo, my experience was plagued with "I feel like I can't do shit" lag. Destiny's design allows me (and others) to feel useful even when experiencing that kind of lag.

Ok, so the problem is you don't agree with Bungie's design choice at all, even considering the bright side. You think that the negatives outweigh the positives. I suppose that's fair. Agree to disagree, then. :)

Gonna have to :)

There are lots of compelling things that Destiny pvp gets right: I love the mix of weapons, the fact that very different builds and playstyles remain valid, and that everyone has supers to fall back on as the great equalizers. I love all of that. When there's no lag, the game is really, really seamless. But when lag happens, which is almost every game, especially during Iron Banner, that one laggy player essentially ruins it. It becomes totally frustrating and unfair feeling, and I get the sense that I'm losing to the lag rather than player skill. Philosophically, I don't believe the game should ever actively help or hinder a team because of a bug, especially an exploitable one.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread