FR Range stat seems pretty important to me (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 06, 2016, 18:33 (2913 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So stability is obviously important on FRs. No doubt about it. Having a tight cluster of projectiles makes it easier to get 1-shot kills.

But I wouldn't dismiss the importance of the range stat either. First of all, a FR with a high range stat is effective at distances that are squarely outside of shotgun range. That makes a big difference to the usability of the weapon. FRs with lower range stats are suddenly competing with Felwinter's Lie and other long range shotguns. In those situations, shotguns usually win. If you have a high impact FR with a great range stat, you don't even need to connect with all bolts for a 1-shot kill. So in some ways, range does indeed trump stability.

On top of that, the range stat has some kind of connection to the auto aim/bullet magnetism properties of a weapon. I don't know the exact details of it, but I find having a high range stat makes it easier to nail targets at any distance.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread