A bit skeptical, a bit eager... (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 07, 2016, 15:05 (2991 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Gareth Edwards' previous film, Godzilla, did a TON of things very, very right. My nitpicks were few. Between that and Monsters, he's shown that he can tell a human story first and foremost despite the setting (even using the setting to help tell the story).

That said, the actress in this teaser is pretty bad, and the overacting isn't helped by the terrible dialogue throughout.

That said, I love the more grounded tale that they look to be telling (steal the Death Star plans that kick off Episode 4), and it really looks like it could have been a Battlefield game in the style of Bad Company, so I'm excited.

But yeah, I'm all for strong female leads, but arrogance is always annoying (one of my favorite "strong, arrogant female" protagonists, Korra, became a stronger and BETTER character the more they "broke the cutie", so to speak), so I hope the teaser isn't indicative of the character throughout.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread