Did we watch the same movie? (Off-Topic)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 07, 2016, 17:05 (2991 days ago) @ Funkmon

The stormtrooper can't do his job. He is caught being weird. They don't understand how to operate a tie fighter and luck out in getting out of the hangar. They are shot down onto the planet. Finn sees the droid by lucking out. He can't successfully lie to anyone, except apparently the girl, who has no idea what's going on. She initially picks a bad ship, being forced into the MF when it's her only option. They can't successfully kill the boarders. Han and Chewie can't talk their way out of a fight. Rey opens the wrong door, releasing the big animal things. And so on, throughout the movie.

I don't consider this a problem, a lot of the plot points in Star Wars films are based on the characters making bad decisions. Trash compacter, etc. It's hard to deny it.

I'm not saying they don't make mistakes... I just explained why I think it's important to show that the DO make mistakes. I'm saying that claiming "everyone in the movie is incompetent" just doesn't jive with the events in the movie. It simply isn't true.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread