Quitting in team games. Is it acceptable ? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 03, 2016, 13:43 (2935 days ago) @ Fire Opal

Other than life which sometimes intervenes or the assortment of animal codes booting you from the game in my view there is no excuse. I hate it when people quit when the team is losing.

There is always a possibility, no matter how remote, that the loss can be clawed back. If someone leaves then that possibility is reduced. Two people left in a match today when we were a mere 2000 points behind with about 3 mins left to play. It's unlikely but we could have pulled back.

If these individuals were playing in say a football ( soccer for our American friends lol) match and walked of the pitch when 2 goals down I would like to hear what the coach had it say or I probably wouldn't like to hear ! I doubt though that it happens very often so why quit in Crucible

I don't do it. Maybe it's because I don't care that much about winning. If I did I don't think I'd have much fun because I kinda suck.

Plus, one of the best games I've every played was a 4v1 Halo match where I got in this zone with sticky grenades and held my own. Got several compliments from the other team--it was glorious. Don't know how or why that happened but it never would have happened had I quit.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread