It sounds funny to passive-aggressive-me. :) (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, June 03, 2016, 19:08 (2934 days ago) @ slycrel

Matches are 10 minutes or less.

If you have a few people bail on you, and all hope is lost, feel free to bail yourself and jump into a new game.

It would just end up becoming a vicious cycle if everyone left whenever things weren't looking good. It's a slippery slope. Also, only sticking around if the game is close leads to every game either being abandoned or being a "sweaty" game, and we know how the community (or at least the vocal top tier players) love to whine about sweaty games.

There are all sorts of reasons why people drop out of a game. Shaming other players into playing how you feel they should is not the answer. It's a gameplay design flaw if the rewards of playing out a match aren't enough for people to stick it out a few minutes until the next match. You're joining a team that will often be with you over multiple matches unless you jump ship and find a new group.

I think it'd be funny and fitting to hear Shaxx lightly mock you when you leave a game. "Is the competition to stiff for you guardian?" or "You could have turned the tide!" or some quip about not trusting you to have his back in a battle or some such. It would entirely fit with the the game world and (maybe) discourage guardians from leaving their teammates to the wolves.

Yes, there are TONS of very valid reasons why people drop out of a game, and I don't think people sh/would feel bad about having to leave for a valid reason.

So, how do we fix it? We already have rewards at the end of each game which are not tied to winning or losing, what else can we do to encourage people to stick around? Put them in match making timeout/cooldown when they leave a game?

I dunno, IMHO this is all to add to the fun of a game. People abandoning a team isn't fun for either side.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread