Bungie's story goals (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 06, 2016, 16:18 (2932 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I, for one, do not get why nearly every game "ends" its story right around the same time the player hits max level (or, in the case of vanilla Destiny, before then). Why have levels at all if they're just placeholders that match your progression through the story? Why have a story that ends just as the player is becoming truly powerful? Why not give endgame players something to do that furthers the plot? It's all a wasted opportunity and a disappointing fact: Destiny is a game about loot, not about epic storytelling.

DIdn't TTK kind of do this? When you complete Regicide, you are not very powerful. You continue to gain levels in the subsequent quests leading up to the raid which are story based. I get what you are saying though, because story progression stops when you start to level up to tackle the hard raid. I guess if you just played the game and beat the raid once on normal, that would approximate the experience you are after.

But what you are asking goes against the broken design of the game. You're asking for a path to max level with no repetition or grinding. That's not going to happen.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread