I wasn't going to be the one to say it... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 15:06 (2931 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Korny, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 15:24

The similarities are so striking that I have to think someone high up and Bungie or Activision played Warframe and then commanded Destiny to "be like that."

The folks at DE confirmed that some folks at Bungie are Warframe players, and have complemented them about the game.

But yeah, remember the early comparison that I made to the way the tutorial plays out in Warframe?

You are awakened by an AI as enemies close in on your position. You don't know who you are or what's happening, but it turns out that you are a warrior from an older era, where a Golden Age was brought down by a massive-yet-vague conflict. The AI that helps you is a product of this era. You have to fight through enemies, collecting weapons before you find an old ship that you have to steal to fly out. Once free, you learn that you are not alone. There are many other re-awoken warriors like you, and you must take the fight to the forces that have taken over the Solar System so that you might reclaim the glory of what was before...

The similarities don't end there, with possibly-rampant AI allies, beyond-system motherships, An enemy faction made up of "Taken" enemies from all other factions, a large, white, broken sphere that is the source of the Warframes' power, and so on...

The only difference is that the latest story content moved Warframe players to tears because of the surprising impact and new content, while Destiny players were moved to tears because of the surprising lack of new content. :P

Although Cody can't possibly analyze and compare the plots and game quality, since Warframe has microtransactions. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread