A legit responce (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, June 07, 2016, 14:55 (2931 days ago) @ dogcow

I think it's obvious that more story was originally intended to be told in the game (especially in year one), but I really hope all the narrative seeds planted from the start take root and grow into something that blows our minds in year 10.

My thoughts when I finished vanilla Destiny: "Ok, so Bungie didn't tell me a great story, but they really set up an intriguing universe. That felt more like reading a prolog than the ending of the first book in a series."

I wanted to feel like I reached the ending of the first book, instead I got the setup for some great stories in the future. I'm not complaining here. Think of it like this, I knew I was getting desert, I was hoping to be served cheesecake, however they served ice cream. Both are enjoyable, cheesecake is better, but ice cream is still a good experience.

After throwing out the book, Bungie was still able to rescue the universe and introduce us to it. I feel like that was a pretty decent accomplishment on Bungie's part (but gosh darn it, I still wanted the book ;-) ).

See, I felt like the ads said "there's a crapload of amazing cheesecake here" and then when I got there I got a pretty restaurant (gorgeous, in fact) with only cream of wheat to eat, all served by a robot staff. The silverware is expensive and refined. The place setting immaculate. Heck, the smells from the kitchen are beyond mouth-watering, but the actual food is kind of boring, bland, and not at all what I was expecting. But because it's a prix-fix menu, I keep sitting down and hoping the chef will send out a filet, or maybe - just maybe - that damn cheesecake.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread