Yes. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, July 23, 2016, 10:54 (2832 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I think that is because it was up to you to come up with your own solution to the challenge. So you have all the Legions of Fanatics that appear and threaten to overwhelm you. There's no one specific way to deal with that. So maybe you focus on making orbs during the conflux phase by the stairs so that you can chain supers to kill them as they spawn (what my group did the very first time). Maybe you move around and fight them off. Maybe you are cheap and hide. But the solution was not so specific. Same thing with the Gatekeeper fight. You can do it however you want.

Even the templar had variety. You could try to block the teleport.

I think you're exactly right. King's Fall is fun to learn, not all that fun to do repeatedly.

I think the next raid should eliminate fights where the solution is very specific and unforgiving. Definitely punish players if they mess up, but give them an opportunity to make up for it. Too often in King's fall, a tiny mistake is a wipe.

A tiny mistake should have a snowball effect, which eventually would lead to a wipe if you don't stop it from rolling.

That's what I'm really hoping for. I don't want Bungie to get to where they're just trying to one-up the previous raid by cranking up the difficulty through timing requirements, damage checks, and super precise encounters with zero room for error. If it gets much worse than King's Fall in that regard, my interesting in doing raids will drop significantly.

Yeah. Again, raids should be high on challenge, not nessesarily difficulty.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread