Weapon Tuning Update (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 08, 2016, 17:19 (2798 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm really displeased with how much shotguns have been nerfed since year one.

Was universal remote ever as overpowered as say, Thorn? Because the magnitude of the nerf would have you believe that. Is it even deserving of exotic stays anymore? It wasn't even that good before. I must be missing something. Occasionally being killed from a long range shotgun doesn't matter when you can kill them with your pulse rifle before they get close most of the time. You might get a few ridiculous kills here and there, but you are at such a disadvantage the rest of the time it becomes a net loss.

The biggest thing working in UR's favor is ammo; because it is a primary, you have virtually unlimited shotgun ammo for the entire match. That, combined with the extremely long range (for a shotgun), made it problematic in very specific cases. I don't see it often, but every now and then I'd run into a player who has mastered Titan skating, and they're zipping around the map with UR and No Backup Plans at ungodly speeds, mowing down foe after foe. They come barreling at you faster than you can react, blow you away from seemingly insane range, gain an overshield in the process, then haul-ass around the corner before your teammates can do anything about it.

All that being said, I don't run into it too often.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread