Fabian Troll Strategy (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 08, 2016, 19:20 (2798 days ago) @ stabbim

This means activating its signature feature reduced your damage output.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You're firing the same number of bullets per reload, right?

Is it actually reducing the damage per bullet when the fire rate increases? I mean, I know faster firing ARs generally do less per round, but that doesn't dynamically scale for Fabian Strategy, does it? Or... does it? I guess I've never compared the damage numbers.

Or maybe you're just assuming that you'll miss more shots with the higher fire rate (although for me, the stability increase seems to make up for that)?

From the Nov 20th weapon tuning update:

Fabian Strategy
Currently the effect of Front Lines is subtle and requires close attention to notice. The new approach to Front Lines focuses on a more tangible experience: we increase the base Rate of Fire stat and push the weapon up to the fastest firing Auto Rifle archetype, enabling the weapon to do more damage in less time (as long as you don’t miss). The visceral reply of the weapon as it cranks through the magazine feels much more appropriate for a Titan on the front lines, and the already ample Stability boost helps keep the rounds tight and focused. The new approach exposed a few bugs with magazine inconsistencies so we needed to retrofit the stat upgrade perks with new options.

Changes:
Front Lines perk on Fabian Strategy no longer buffs Rate of Fire as a bonus modifier. Front Lines now increases the base Rate of Fire stat to highest speed. Damage per bullet is offset to match the High RoF archetype.
Removed Extended Mag perk and replaced with Flared Magwell. Removed Small Bore perk and replaced with Rifled Barrel. Needed to make these changes to prevent shipping a magazine bug that could trigger when reloading the weapon while Front Lines perk was active.
Increased base Reload and Stability on the weapon to help offset the removed stat upgrades.

The Fabian Strategy has always felt underpowered and underranged to me. Knowing that it actually gets less powerful as you get closer always annoyed me. Maybe now it will be a bit better but I'm not sure it will be good enough for me to swap away from something like Hard Light or Monte Carlo.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread