How Letting you stay down there forever is bad design... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 11, 2016, 00:05 (2791 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm > > > > > Teams beating a raid for the first time would be confused as to whether or not that was the final encounter. Not being taken to orbit after a long while would imply that there is something more that they are missing.

A big banner that pops up saying mission complete leaves no room for confusion.

And how many times does that pop up without the game automatically taking you to orbit?

Again, the issue is with the lack of visible timer. If players don't see that, they're going to assume that there is something more to do, when there isn't. However, three raids in a row should have taught players that after a period of time, they're sent to orbit.

Many people do not even know you are sent to orbit. Many people have never waited around long enough to be kicked to Orbit. I didn't even know this until someone told me during Crota flawless (so we could see the stat screen).

So imagine being a player like that, then playing this raid with no indication they are mistaken.

So no. It's not a good at teaching players. They do not have to cater to anyone. Only make sure the rules are established clearly.

Bad. Design.

So clearly you agree with what I said, that taking you to orbit is not bad design, but rather that they don't hold your hand and draw it out with crayon that 'yes, once again you will be taken to orbit' is bad design. Good to know.

The very first time that we beat Vault of Glass, we were looking at and comparing loot, and I can't remember what happened, but someone asked if we would get a postgame screen, and someone said that we did, but we had to wait it out, so apparently it wasn't that much of a revelation if it was already known of that early.

I thought you were one of those kids that watch streamers and crap. That somehow this basic information eluded you for so long is the only surprising thing here.

Man, I was typing up a reply but I had misread your handle as Kermit. Almost had me there.

I was like, dang, Kermit calling Cody a kid--what is happening here. Quality posting from DBO's latest admin.

I probably have called Cody a kid at some point. When you as old as me, you find yourself doing that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread