Not just the crucible, the entire game. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 08, 2017, 22:18 (2669 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Cool, the story is slightly better, too bad the gameplay is worse.

I don't know if Destiny has ever been a particularly good PvP game. There have been aspects of it in the past that I've absolutely loved. But it does seem to me like there have always been huge glaring flaws with the PvP side of the game, and those flaws have just sort of shuffled and rotated around a bit over time, while the overall experience has never really gotten substantially better.

I don't remember what video this was included in, but I remember a quote from Lars Bakken where he said something along the lines of "the Crucible is a lot more fun if you just don't take it very seriously". I think he's exactly right. You jump in with friends and have a laugh. Try to take it more seriously than that and you're bound to get frustrated, because the PvP game just isn't tight enough to hold up under more competitive or stressful play. You can either laugh and say "oh that's bullshit" with a grin on your face every time something stupid happens, or you squeeze your controller and shout "oh that's BULLSHIT" and spend match after match getting angry at the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread