DAY TWO-ish/THREE - TITAN with a hint of WARLOCK (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 27, 2017, 21:03 (2484 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, July 27, 2017, 21:17

If the highest aim of a captain were to preserve his ship, he would keep it in port forever.

So before I called it a day on my second day filled primarily with Hunter Arcstrider action, I took a peek at the Titan Class. Instead of hand towels ya'll got loin cloths! Why? Because you need to hide yer TITANS!

1 - Start off as a Titan. Get Situated. Meet Sweet Business. Learn the limits of Rally Shield. Learn limits of "auto-pop out" with said Shield.

2 - You can call me captain

3 - HU...er. TITAN SMASH!

4 Still working on using the Sentinel Shield. Love the Shotgun. Cabal on the other end less so.

5 I'm done testing weapons, now I start getting picky. Sweet Business isn't as sweet as I hoped. Hate the Scout Rifle. Not a big fan of the elemental Hand Cannon (Minuet-42). I settle with what I have. Got to get the job done.

6 - Ending Cut scene

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - Still working on my clinch control. I punch things. I shoot things.

2 - I punch things some more. I realize - see *click* - that there is a weak spot at the center of the cabal shields. You still lose ammo if you switch weapons.

3 - Tweaking the Rocket Launcher. In fact, lots of tweaking of things. Punch things. Shoot things. Knee things. Things. SO MANY THINGS.

4 - Start at The Anchor. Range Testing. Try playing around with how weapons fire to see if it improve how they feel. TITAN SMASH! Stick the landing.

5 - I SMASH! more things. I watch someone take the fall. Drill fun! Meet the Boss. SMASH! Boss friends. Yes - I am going to get that ammo.

6 - Spoilers: Boss Dies. OR DOES IT!

7 - VOID/SENTINAL MONTAGE!

8 - Well - how odd! There is no number 8? Well - how odd! I look down I see dropped ammo. I get teleported in, ammo is gone. Also sound glitch.

And that Concludes may DAY TWO-ish/Three play which was focused on Titans. I've had an odd sort of thing with Titans. They are fun to play, as they definitely have their moments. I just... I don't really feel a draw to the class. This was the case in Destiny, and it seems so here in the Beta as well. That said, here are in full my thoughts on how TITANS are in the Destiny 2 Beta. This conclusion comes from ALL the experiences of the week, not just from what you see here from the mixed days. Since this is focused on Titans I might as well put my thoughts on the class overall here too. Thus to the brass tacks: A solid effort.

I have no issue with the Titan Jump. Well - other than no more skating. BUNGIE HATES FUN!!!

I have two small issues with the Titan Ability. It's in part the same issue as the rift, but for only the Rally Barricade. I've had moments where I was using it, it disappeared and I didn't realize it, and now I'm standing in the open with no cover to speak off. That sucks. Two, the perk for instant reload has this - stop and start thing. When the perk triggers it stops my shooting, I bob down, then back up. I still haven't let go of the trigger, but now my gun isn't shooting. I have to press it again to start shooting and the cycle reports. Very annoying.

Then the supers. I like the retooled roaming Fist of Havoc, but it feels a bit short to me, or maybe I'm too slow? True for both Supers actually. Unless you are right in the middle of the mix, it feels like a waste. Compare that to Arcstrider, -(have I mentioned I really like that super?)- whose movement between foes is part of the super. I can get in get out, and GO towards my next opponent like a terror.

Then there is the Sentinel Shield. I'm really quite mixed about this Super. The potential is obvious. It's a winner, it's just not there yet. It feels clumsy to me. Again, unless you are right in the middle of the mix, it feels like a waste. Plus - Only one or two throws per Super? LAAAAME. This super has alot of moves, but it doesn't feel gelled yet. They are each their own thing, but it doesn't feel complementary in the time we have to use the shield. As a result it has an air of awkwardness to it. Clumsily smashing of things. I hope the full games tweaked numbers feel better then the beta version.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before the day ended I also sneaked in some Warlock play. I said to myself. No! I said. It was all a dream!

Result?: *SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHHH* -_-

That said, in retrospect, some of these are right funny - especially the first one. That way I can hide how depressing it is. YAY! ^_^

I recommend a look, as they are all rather quick clips. They will add context to what I have said already about Warlocks in the main Warlock post. The titles basically say it all.

For the last one (clip #6) - So I absorb my light, but I cancel my use. Whoops! Too bad. That light is lost.

Did I use this yet? I DID?

[image]

Well I'll mix it up then.

[image]

Let's end with some happy thoughts. Here is some breathtakingly beautiful footage of a humming bird in slow motion.

Wasn't that nice. Alright - on to the next post.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread