DAY FIVE - A day (or so) at the farm & Other stuff (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 27, 2017, 21:05 (2484 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

E-I. E-I. Oh! - pretty.

Pictures - > Booya! (I didn't make an account, I closed my browser by accident, and there are errors that I can't fix - OH IT HURTS!)

Video! (Down Below-a)

Well THIS was an adventure. So first I try the direct approach. I get attacked by olives. I try joining you lot! I get olived. It's now been an half an hour of the total planned hour. Frustrated I go for broke and I just shut down my xbox and cold boot. I then go straight into my friend list and join anyone who I could find in progress. I found Zero and Squid, so I joined Zero and started up the beta. BOOM! Hot Dog! I'm in business! Third time really has been the charm.

I gathered as much footage as I could muster. Admittedly an obscene amount, but - much like someone taking pictures of an area for source photos, I wanted to gather as much as I could to make sure by sheer probability alone I covered everything. I think I did. If you watch all the clips you will get to see how The Farm looks in all the day and night cycles. Slowly but surely, one by one, people leave the social space in till I become the only one there. Just me and nature - well this little nugget of it any way. That starts around the end of "THE FARM 13 | Destiny 2 Beta" from that point on. Enjoy it - because by all likely hood you will never see the farm like this ever again. If you don't want to watch all of this, or be serenaded by the tranquil sounds - just want to see the social space, then you want to watch "THE FARM 14 | Alone | Destiny 2 Beta", and be done with it. If you want to see the how the social game works in the beta, you want "THE FARM 15 | HOW TO PLAY | Destiny 2 Beta".

I was in there for about - four and a half to five hours. Part of which was just me minding my own business enjoying the ambiance.

All I have to say about it are two things

Chairs: Is it really so hard Bungie to make animations and what not where we get to just immerse ourselves in the world? It's a small thing - but it really helps. Come On! I yapped about this in the LAST beta. It doesn't just have to be sitting in chairs either, it could be hanging of the wires or the edge of a building swinging a leg or two slowly, trying to capture a frog in the lake or a firefly/lightning bug at night, sitting by the fire feeding our ghost a marshmallow that then evaporates or whatever. Just adding to the social space to make it feel, well... social. Relaxed. I mean you sure got the look and feel of it down, sound too!

Which segways nicely into my second talking point; How much I am looking forward to seeing the European Dead Zone. I really hope we have a deep forested area to play in. I'm not sure why, perhaps it's old memorys, but I find myself very attracted, I want to use the word "kinship", to the look of the space the farm has. If it is any indication of how the European Dead Zone will look and even perhaps play - That's exciting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did play a game or two, one of which where I got stuck in the process and had to return to orbit. With that said, the day was pretty much done.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread