Des2ny is Canon (Story Spoilers) (Destiny)

by grantixtechno, Sunday, September 10, 2017, 09:32 (2414 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I agree with a lot of what you've put down here. But I want to add on to your Setups and Non-Payoffs section.

Not only are we setup for Ikora's death through her musings, but we're setup, in my opinion, for Ghaul's redemption.

Granted, there's not enough material in the story between Ghaul and Consul to highlight a redemptive or transitional arc for the character. But, I felt, that it very much started to set up for Consul to be the greater threat, a puppet-master behind the curtain. Ghaul wanted to be chosen, not take the Light. I thought maybe Ghaul would refuse Consul's plan, but Consul would usurp his power over the Red Legion, and try to "take care of" Ghaul, and perhaps Ghaul would fight back, and maybe sacrifice himself to protect the Traveler from having it's Light taken, as he is interested in being Chosen. (Though, in all of this, it was our character who was Chosen....) Plus, Ghaul is in a white get-up. It seemed so telegraphed to me. But I guess not. Just another lousy boss who was a lousy villain.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread